The Certification Committee assists the NSCHBC in maintaining a certification exam that covers a core body of healthcare business knowledge, including:
- Consultant Professional Standards
- Organizational Governance
- Business Management
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Management
- Revenue Cycle Management
- Business Operations
- Quality Management
- Information Management
- Individual and Business Taxes
- Retirement & Transition Planning
The Certification Committee Chair coordinates the objectives of the committee and works with the Board of Directors in fulfilling its goals and mission. The Chair organizes and facilitates phone conferences and in-person meetings, if geographically possible.
The Certification Committee’s mission is that each NSCHBC member becomes a Certified Healthcare Business Consultant.
The Role of Certification Committee
The Certification Committee consists of Certified Healthcare Business Consultants, who have the desire to aid other members in working more efficiently and effectively. Committee members should be able to devote about an hour a month for phone calls and delegated tasks. Members should be able to work as a team and contribute their ideas and opinions.The Certification Committee also interfaces and supports other committees. For example, they helped the Member Services Committee obtain important changes in the laws and regulations circulated via our ListServ.
Our objectives are:
- To promote the certification of the NSCHBC membership by maintaining the certification exam.
- To offer and proctor the certification examination.
- To maintain the integrity of the exam by keeping the exam questions relevant and up-to-date as it relates to the core body of knowledge.
- To provide supplemental learning resources to assist the NSCHBC members in passing the certification exam. These learning resources include: a written study guide, a study course offered during the annual NSCHBC meeting, an online study course, and other resources that can be accessed through-out the year.
- To monitor certified members’ continuing education requirements.
We meet once a quarter via conference call and Committee members attend the Annual or Winter workshops will meet at that time.
Join Our Committee
Please contact me to learn more and to join NSCHBC’s Certification Committee.