Welcome to the NSCHBC Medicare Quarterly Updates WebinarsOur goal at NSCHBC is to research and interpret the rules, updates and Medicare alerts. We strive to make it easier for providers, clients, and healthcare professionals, to understand the changes proposed and/or published and how to apply these changes to their practices, including what financial impact they may have.
Dates for 2023:
1st Quarter – March 28th
• PHE will end 5.11.2023 - What impact will that have on your practice?
• Is the CAA 2023 extends "certain Telehealth" services through 2024, but not all
• What is changing with "Audio Only" Telehealth services? We read the fine print.
• Medicaid - Eligibility requirements reinstated as of April 1st
• Patient Cost-Sharing will be reinstated for Telehealth, but what about for COVID related services?
• "Virtual" Supervision flexibility allowable, will expire once PHE ends, but when?
• The OCR - Office of Civil Rights, has issued a statement on non-HIPAA compliant Telehealth Platforms post PHE
• Many Behavioral Health Services now have permanent status under Telehealth - which ones?
• Payment parity for Telehealth will end once the PHE ends, but exactly when
2nd Quarter – June 20th
• The PHE ended, have you updated your compliance programs?
• What are your options for HIPAA compliant platforms for Telehealth?
• The DEA announced a proposal for a mandatory in-person visit for controlled substances prescription
• What is on the OIG Work-Plan? Does your specialty practice fall into any targeted items?
• Have you updated your patient consents as required by HHS?
• Prolonged Services update - Medicare and Private Payers 2023
• Split/Shared Visits gets another update - Did you see it?
• ChatGPT for Healthcare is heating up - What CMS says
3rd Quarter – October 17th
4th Quarter – December 19th
All webinars are at 11:00AM EDT
Specific topics will be identified as each webinar date gets closer.
Each session will be presented by Terry Fletcher BS, CPC, CCC, CEMC, CCS, CCS-P, CMC, CMSCS, ACS-CA, SCP-CA, QMGC, QMCRC, QMPM, from Terry Fletcher Consulting, Inc.
Ms. Terry Fletcher is a 30+ year Healthcare Coding Consultant, Educator and Auditor based in California. Ms. Fletcher is a current member of NSCHBC; a Coding Educator for AAPC, AHIMA, ICD10University, McVey Seminars, Decision Health, and NSCHBC; and a Medical Practice auditor for multiple health systems around the country. Terry holds a bachelor’s degree (BS) in economics, and multiple certifications coding and practice management. Terry hosts a weekly CodeCast® Podcast and the monthly NSCHBC Edge Podcast.
Bundle – four webinars - $159 members, $249 non-members
Single webinars - $49 members, $99 non-members
©2021 National Society of Certified Healthcare Business Consultants