Welcome to the NSCHBC Medicare Quarterly Updates WebinarsOur goal at NSCHBC is to research and interpret the rules, updates and Medicare alerts. We strive to make it easier for providers, clients, and healthcare professionals, to understand the changes proposed and/or published and how to apply these changes to their practices, including what financial impact they may have.
Dates for 2023:
2nd Quarter – June 20th
• The PHE ended May 11th, have you updated your compliance programs to reflect the rollbacks?
• What are your options for HIPAA compliant platforms for Telehealth?
• The DEA announced an extension on the in-person visit for prescribing Controlled Medications for Six Months (11/9)
• What is on the OIG Work-Plan? Does your specialty practice fall into any targeted items?
• Have you updated your patient consents as required by HHS, post PHE?
• CMS announced new Place of Service codes for Telehealth
• "Timed Visits" are getting new scrutiny. CMS published guidance.
• Are you verifying licenses for your NPPs? OIG trouble ahead.
3rd Quarter – October 17th
• ChatGPT for Healthcare is heating up - What CMS says
• ICD-10-CM Updates
• CPT new code snapshot for 2024
• NCCI Edits have a 3rd Q Update - Financial Impact to providers
• New ABN and new rules for using them with specific Modifiers
• HIPAA policies need an update with new rules being added in 2023
• Provider' still practicing Telehealth from their home? - The Provider enrollment form rules on your now, public location
4th Quarter – December 19th
Dates for 2024:
1st Quarter – March 24th
2nd Quarter – June 25th
3rd Quarter – September 24th
4th Quarter – December 10th
All webinars are at 11:00AM EDT
Specific topics will be identified as each webinar date gets closer.
Each session will be presented by Terry Fletcher BS, CPC, CCC, CEMC, CCS, CCS-P, CMC, CMSCS, ACS-CA, SCP-CA, QMGC, QMCRC, QMPM, from Terry Fletcher Consulting, Inc.
Ms. Terry Fletcher is a 30+ year Healthcare Coding Consultant, Educator and Auditor based in California. Ms. Fletcher is a current member of NSCHBC; a Coding Educator for AAPC, AHIMA, ICD10University, McVey Seminars, Decision Health, and NSCHBC; and a Medical Practice auditor for multiple health systems around the country. Terry holds a bachelor’s degree (BS) in economics, and multiple certifications coding and practice management. Terry hosts a weekly CodeCast® Podcast and the monthly NSCHBC Edge Podcast.
Bundle – four webinars - $159 members, $249 non-members
Single webinars - $49 members, $99 non-members
©2021 National Society of Certified Healthcare Business Consultants