Welcome to the NSCHBC CMS, Quarterly Provider UpdatesOur goal at NSCHBC is to research and interpret the rules, updates and Medicare alerts, to make it easier for providers, clients, and healthcare professionals, to understand the changes proposed and/or published and how to apply these changes to their practices.
2nd Quarter – July 14th at 11:00AM EST
1. Covid Vaccine Rollouts - What can a physician charge and is there ever a patient share of cost?
2. ICD-10-CM Update 3. New CPT codes for Novavax COVID-19 vaccine #4
4. CMS expands MIPS reporting for 2020 performance year
5. OIG added audits on the 20% added for COVID-19 patients: What they are looking for
6. Interoperability & Patient Access CMS Final Rule published
3rd Quarter – October 13th at 11:00AM EST
1. Proposed HIPAA Rules
2. Surprise Billing "Bill" Compromise
3. PHE Update
4. AUC Appropriate Use Criteria for Advanced Diagnostics
5. Stark Rules - New anti-kickback and physician referrals clarified
6. SDoH - What are the Social Determinants of Health Diagnoses that could impact your reimbursement?
4th Quarter – December 8th at 11:00AM EST
1. MIPS- Merit Based Incentive Payment Program overhaul to begin 2022
2. MCIT- Medicare Coverage for Innovative Technology- FDA Approved PRM devices
3. The 2022 Proposed Physician Medicare Fee Schedule. - The COVID relief bill increase to the CF to decrease
4. Final Rule 2022, what to expect with new E/M updates.
5. OIG Workplan for 2022
Each session will be presented by Terry Fletcher BS, CPC, CCC, CEMC, CCS, CCS-P, CMC, CMSCS, ACS-CA, SCP-CA, QMGC, QMCRC, QMPM, from Terry Fletcher Consulting, Inc.
Ms. Terry Fletcher is a 30+ year Healthcare Coding Consultant, Educator and Auditor based in California. Ms. Fletcher is a current member of NSCHBC; a Coding Educator for AAPC, AHIMA, ICD10University, McVey Seminars, Decision Health, and NSCHBC; and a Medical Practice auditor for multiple health systems around the country. Terry holds a bachelor’s degree (BS) in economics, and multiple certifications coding and practice management. Terry hosts a weekly CodeCast® Podcast and the monthly NSCHBC Edge Podcast