Welcome to the NSCHBC CMS, Quarterly Provider UpdatesOur goal at NSCHBC is to research and interpret the rules, updates and Medicare alerts, to make it easier for providers, clients, and healthcare professionals, to understand the changes proposed and/or published and how to apply these changes to their practices.
1st Quarter – April 15th at 11:00AM EST
1. OIG Work Plan added items for 2021 - who and what are they targeting?
2. PHE Update
3. 2021 Medicare HCPCS Prolonged Service code G2212 vs CPT 99417
4. Telehealth Initiatives 2020-2021 -the update from CMS, OIG and Congress
5. CMS reimbursement update on COVID-19 Vaccine rates for administering providers
2nd Quarter – July 14th at 11:00AM EST
1. Covid Vaccine Rollouts - Why are patients being charged?
2. ICD-10-CM Update
3. Background checks for nursing home employees - HHS directed
4. Stark Rules - anti-kickback and physician referrals clarified
5. Surprise Billing Bill Compromise
3rd Quarter – October 13th at 11:00AM EST
1. Proposed HIPAA Rules
2. Biden Administration Rollbacks and EO's
3. PHE Update
4. AUC Appropriate Use Criteria for Advanced Diagnostics
4th Quarter – December 8th at 11:00AM EST
1. MIPS- Merit Based Incentive Payment Program overhaul to begin 2022
2. MCIT- Medicare Coverage for Innovative Technology- FDA Approved PRM devices
3. The 2022 Proposed Physician Medicare Fee Schedule. - The COVID relief bill increase to the CF to decrease
Each session will be presented by Terry Fletcher BS, CPC, CCC, CEMC, CCS, CCS-P, CMC, CMSCS, ACS-CA, SCP-CA, QMGC, QMCRC, QMPM, from Terry Fletcher Consulting, Inc.
Ms. Terry Fletcher is a 30+ year Healthcare Coding Consultant, Educator and Auditor based in California. Ms. Fletcher is a current member of NSCHBC; a Coding Educator for AAPC, AHIMA, ICD10University, McVey Seminars, Decision Health, and NSCHBC; and a Medical Practice auditor for multiple health systems around the country. Terry holds a bachelor’s degree (BS) in economics, and multiple certifications coding and practice management. Terry hosts a weekly CodeCast® Podcast and the monthly NSCHBC Edge Podcast