Certified (CHBC) Members must maintain 30 hours of Continuing Education (CE) over two years to maintain their certification. During each two year reporting period, at least 12 hours must be acquired from a NSCHBC sponsored meeting or webinar.
All CE hours must be reported to NSCHBC. The NSCHBC Board may conduct random audits of CE credit hours reported by CHBC Members for the most recent reporting period. If audited:
- The CHBC Member is notified of the audit and asked to send documentation of CE credit hours that were reported to NSCHBC Board.
- The reported CE credit hours and any supporting documentation are reviewed by the Certification Committee, and a determination is made as to whether the hours are accepted or denied.
- The CHBC Member receives confirmation from NSCHBC Board regarding the audit and any further action needed.
CHBC Members must complete the Continuing Education Form that is distributed at all NSCHBC meetings to indicate the sessions attended to calculate CE hours earned. These CE hours will be automatically added to the CHBC Member’s record.
CHBC Members who would like to earn CE hours for attending a NSCHBC Webinar, either by attending the live Webinar or by watching the recording, must purchase the credits. CHBC Members must complete the form below to add the CE hour to the CHBC Member’s record and provide the code that will be given during the Webinar for proof of attendance. Purchase NSCHBC Webinar Credits using the buttons below.
|Buy Single Webinar||Buy Webinar Bundle|
CHBC Members may achieve the additional 18 CE credit hours from Non-NSCHBC sponsored CE sources. Non-NSCHBC sponsored CE programs must meet the following criteria to be eligible for CE credit:
- Address one or more topics listed in the CHBC Core Body of Knowledge Topics.
- Contribute to the professional competency of the member in providing healthcare business consulting to clients.
- Developed and/or presented by persons qualified in the subject matter.
- Include content that is current and accurate.
- Be at least 50 minutes of content for each one hour of CE reported.
All Non-NSCHBC sponsored CE must be reported using the form below to add the hours to the CHBC Member’s record. In addition, documentation must be retained by the CHBC Member for at least three years after program completion. At minimum, that documentation should include a Certificate of Completion/Attendance or unofficial transcript showing successful completion of program and a summary/description of the program.
Click here for a copy of the CE Policy that became effective July 1, 2018.