This session will provide a critical look at how organizations should think about compensating their clinically practicing physicians—whether those organizations are owned by physicians, health systems, or private equity.
Topics covered in the session will include:
• Matching compensation with the various types of services physicians provide in medical practices
• Analyzing differences in practice patterns among physician specialties and how these patterns impact compensation
• Myth busting popular ideas about physician compensation
• Understanding the characteristics of physician compensation survey data
• Avoiding pitfalls and misnomers in the use of survey data
• Using the new RBRVS method to determine the value of physician clinical services
• Applying the independent investor test to provide economic reality in setting physician compensation levels
The session will involve discussion of fair market value compliance issues as well as practical considerations for compensation plan design.