Certification Committee Chair
Valora Gurganious, CHBC, MBA
The Certification Committee Chair coordinates the objectives of the committee and works with the Board of Directors in fulfilling its goals and mission.
The Certification Committee Mission is to assist each NSCHBC member in becoming a Certified Healthcare Business Consultant.
The Role of the Certification Committee
- To promote the certification of the NSCHBC membership by maintaining the certification exam that covers a core body of healthcare business knowledge, including:<
- Consultant Professional Standards
- Organizational Governance
- Business Management
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Management
- Revenue Cycle Management
- Business Operations
- Quality Management
- Information Management
- Individual and Business Taxes
- Retirement & Transition Planning
- To offer and proctor the certification examination.
- To maintain the integrity of the exam by keeping the exam questions relevant and up-to-date as it relates to the core body of knowledge.
- To provide supplemental learning resources to assist the NSCHBC members in passing the certification exam. These learning resources include: a written study guide, a study course offered during the annual NSCHBC meeting, an online study course, and other resources that can be accessed through-out the year.
- To monitor certified members’ continuing education requirements.
- To maintain the superiority of the CHBC designation.