Physician Practice Options: Self Employment vs. Hospital/Foundation Affiliation
September 23rd at 11:00am EST
Register for the NSCHBC free, 60-minute webinar.
"The Times They Are A-Changin.” There are many practice opportunities for physicians to consider for the future. Will you remain in solo practice? Merge with others to form a bigger single specialty, multi-specialty group or ACO? Join a Foundation or University Affiliation? This workshop will present a balanced discussion of options and issues for physicians to consider before making these important practice decisions.
Webinar Topics Include:
- • Is solo or small group practice viable for the future?
- ◦ How to survive and thrive by savvy management and marketing
- • Merger Mania – Should you merge with others?
- ◦ Single Specialty or Multi-Specialty – pros and cons
- • Joining a Foundation, University Affiliation or Hospital Outpatient Clinic Model
- ◦ When to consider an offer and How to assess an offer
- ◦ Will goodwill or intangible asset value be included or excluded and how will this be valued?
- ◦ How will tangible assets including equipment be valued?
- ◦ How many years should the contract be guaranteed?
- ◦ New models such as affiliation with Universities – Private Practice but with University Contract Rates
- ◦ Governance and decision making ability?
- ◦ Compensation models including base salary and $ per WorkRVU – How this works
- ◦ What will it be like being an employee?
- ◦ What if I want to leave?
- ◦ Will I be restricted from advocating for my patient? Malpractice Risks for Physicians
- • Attendees will learn how to compare “apples to apples” with present compensation versus WRVU formula offers
- • Attendees will learn how to negotiate the sale of the practice to a hospital
- • Attendees will learn important elements to negotiate in contracts to avoid malpractice conflicts of interest
Click here to register for the free webinar July 29th at 11:00am EST
Debra Phairas, President of Practice & Liability Consultants, LLC
Debra Phairas, President of Practice & Liability Consultants, LLC, has advised physicians in making
these critical transitions including shoring up solo/small groups, merging practices, consulting on
being acquired and negotiating compensation for physicians. She has worked with over 1,800
practices since 1985. Debra has also performed due diligence for acquisitions and devised
physician compensation formulas for Foundations and Universities.